CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Board of Directors for Recycle NB is seeking a bilingual, dynamic and seasoned leader to serve in the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Fredericton, NB commencing on, or about, September 3, 2019. The position provides for the strategic development and direction of waste management programs, activities, services and operations related to designated waste materials within the Province of New Brunswick and is accountable to key stakeholders from government, industry and the public.
Responsibilities include, but are limited to, the following:
· Develop, execute, and evaluate an annual strategic plan that outlines the direction and activities required to support Recycle NB’s vision, goals, and objectives;
· Develop administrative and operational policies, procedures, and practices that meet government wide standards and legal responsibilities for designated waste management materials;
· Oversee the development and implementation of standards and controls, policies and procedures, and performance management processes that support program quality, pay equity, and organizational stability;
· Provide guidance and leadership for the oversight of operational and promotional activities;
· Monitor and evaluate the relevancy, effectiveness, and impact of programs, activities, and services;
· Serve as chief spokesperson for Recycle NB;
· Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with public / private stakeholders, media, and government representatives;
· Engage stakeholders to determine what activities and strategies would best support short and long-term goals and objectives;
· Ensure that the organization’s mission, programs, activities, and services are consistently presented in a strong and positive image;
· Develop and maintain a positive and ethical work environment conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating high quality staff;
· Provide input and advice to legislators, regulatory agencies, community groups, and industry for the development, implementation, and interpretation of legislative and regulatory requirements;
· Competently develop and manage fiscal responsibilities;
· Interact and provide regular updates to the Board of Directors and its committees.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, engineering, commerce or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible senior level experience. An equivalency of education and experience might be considered. Written and spoken competence in English and French and a valid New Brunswick driver’s licence are essential.
Competencies and Skills: Demonstrated behavioural competencies in Strategic Thinking, Team Development, Organizational Commitment, Organizational Awareness, Interpersonal Skills, and Results Orientation. The position requires an individual with knowledge of, and experience in, management and administration of diverse and innovative programs, activities, and services. A high level of personal skills is required to make formal and persuasive presentations to government, industry and/or the public.
Salary: $ 3,977 - $ 4,378 bi-weekly
Applications must be submitted no later than May 31, 2019 via email to EdPeterson@Rogers.com indicating Competition #2019-02 Recycle NB. All applicants must include a covering letter that clearly demonstrates how your skills and qualifications meet the job requirements. All are thanked for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.